Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Mission


Here's the episode guide I'm using for this project, courtesy of Mark Evanier (one of the show's key writers).

Although Garfield and Friends originally premiered in an hour long format for the majority of its run, my goal is to maintain the half hour length as that is how they were produced and thus how they would appear on a proper DVD set.

So what is proper?

The DVDs, while excellent sets, utilize the international masters. As a result, the U.S. Acres segments and quickies go by their international rename, "Orson's Farm," and two Screaming With Binky segments are missing. Additionally, instead of using the less popular rap-styled theme song, Season 7 uses the more universally liked "Ready to Party" theme song which was originally used from Season 3-6.

While some fans may be satisfied with what we got, I believe that these episodes were made exactly how we were meant to see them, and thus I started this project in September 2013 to recreate the episodes as they were originally produced. Over the past year, I have obtained over 90 original U.S. Acres title cards and more than 15 U.S. Acres quickies thanks to my own personal recordings, eBay hauls, and the generous donations of traders. It is my hope that through this project, Garfield and Friends will once again see the light of day in its originally intended format.



Until then, I'll continue my efforts and keep track of them here.

(Images in this post are courtesy of Peter Paltridge, aka Platypus Comix)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-kjUke4g18 ) I also partly restored the season 7 end credits

    ReplyDelete